Tuesday 11 January 2011

Philadelphia Story Board

In groups we were asked to read a script and draw a storyboard to show how we would film the extract. 

We began by reading the extract so we know what happens within the scene. Then we read the script again highlighting any character information, then we highlighted any setting detail in another colour, and then highlighting any other detail which we may need to consider. 

In the group we made sure that the story board boxes which we were going to draw in had a 16:9 ratio. This is because we wanted to draw what you would expect to see on the screen. 

We found getting the camera angles right difficult in some places. This was because we thought the image could be portrayed well in more than one way. Also we found that making the story board was quite time consuming. If I was to make another one I would begin by drawing rough sketches of the shot. I then wrote in the boxes underneath the drawings before drawing the images. This is because when I drew the main image before writing about it, I wasn't 100% sure on what I was doing where as when I drew it I only had to read it as I drew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment