Sunday 28 November 2010

the opening of Charlie and the chocolate factory

Charlie and the chocolate factory was directed by the award winning Tim Burton in 2005. I decided to look at the opening of this film as I like the dramatic opening. We are going to be making a film opening for our final so I wanted to get some ideas for my final.


The dramatic opening leaves you wondering. Who is the person wearing the purple gloves? What are the golden tickets? And how are abnormal things happening? Like the chocolate being carried by balloon.



I like the establishing, low angle shot used to show the factory and due to the white sky as it is snowing, the factory looks dark and dull. This can show that there is a secret about the factory which has not been uncovered yet. You see a fade in of a small boy who you can tell is going to be the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment